[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG Build FLAGS help for MP4 (Mpeg4Video)

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Dec 6 21:53:59 CET 2011

Jeff Sorrentino <jeff <at> soren.com> writes:

> I am trying to compile ffmpeg for use with a single video type (MP4 /
> Mpeg4).
>
> Here's what my compiler flags are (non-working), can someone shed some
> light on this for me, as Video Codecs are not my strong suit.
>
> FLAGS="$FLAGS --disable-everything"
> FLAGS="$FLAGS --enable-encoder=mpeg4video"

This is not really helpful (an actual configure line would be), but depending on
what you mean with "MP4 / Mpeg4" you will probably also need
"-enable-protocol=file --enable-muxer=mov". Some parsers are also very helpful.

I suggest you compile ffplay with such a configure line and test it with the
files you want to support.