[FFmpeg-user] building ffmpeg under windows using mingw msys

Ramkumar Sivaraman (Table Master) rsivaraman at shufflemaster.com
Tue Dec 6 20:31:54 CET 2011

Hello,
I am kinda new to ffmpeg and linux. I have been trying to build ffmpeg as per the instruction given in the ffmpeg.org using shared library using latest ffmpeg source, msys and mingw. http://www.ffmpeg.org/general.html#SEC20 ,.  Everything works as per the instructions. But when I try to use the dll in a simple vc++ application (like output-example.c mentioned in the document) it comes up with an error, " The Program cant start because avcodec-52.dll is missing from your computer." When I built it, it created avcodec-53.dll. How can I fix this? Willing to provide more information on this if needed.
thanks
Ram

Ramkumar Sivaraman | Engineer | SHUFFLE MASTER, INC. | Main +1 702 897 7150 | Direct +1 702 432 4569

Follow Us:      [Shuffle Master on Twitter]
<http://twitter.com/#!/shufflemaster>   [Shuffle Master IR News on Twitter]
<http://twitter.com/#!/SHFL_News>       [Shuffle Master on Facebook]
<http://www.facebook.com/shufflemaster> [Shuffle Master on Flickr]
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/shufflemaster/>   [Shuffle Master on Youtube]
<http://www.youtube.com/shufflemaster>  [Shuffle Master on Foursquare]
<http://foursquare.com/shufflemaster>   [Shuffle Master on Linkedin]
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/shuffle-master>

Internet Confidentiality Statement

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.