[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg stalls/freezes

Jim Worrall coniophora at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 19:25:49 CET 2011

On Dec 4, 2011, at 10:53 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> Jim Worrall <coniophora <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Update:  When I set the audio bitrate at 64k or lower, I don't get the error
>> AND it doesn't freeze; the transcode succeeds.
>
> Could you provide a sample?
> (Perhaps it also freezes / succeeds with a heavily cut version of your file.)
>
> Carl Eugen

You're right, the cut version behaves the same way.  It is about 2 seconds,
4 MB: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18324334/baby1.avi

Behavior vs. audio bitrate:
96k --> error (also error if bitrate is not set)
72k --> freeze
64k --> success

Command line:
ffmpeg -i baby1.avi -c:v libx264 -vprofile main -preset veryslow -x264opts level=3.1:ref=8 -c:a aac -strict experimental -b:a 72k -y output.m4v

Jim