[FFmpeg-user] Dolby pro logic encoding/decoding.

dE . de.techno at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 10:35:13 CET 2011

I've an SPDIF output but without Dolby live, i.e. it can't send
multchannel audio to the my Dolby pro logic IIx capable amplifier.

Thus I was wondering about encoding 5.1 (or higher) audio streams to
Dolby pro logic II and then passing the uncompressed stereo (but pro
logic II encoded) to the receiver in order to get 5.1 surround.

I was also wondering if the opposite was possible, i.e. decoding pro
logic II encoded streams (over analog or digital mediums) to surround.