[FFmpeg-user] Linking help?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Dec 1 00:16:13 CET 2011

Nathan <nathan.stocks <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Can anyone point me in the right direction to figure out how to
> correct linking errors like the one below?
>
> ld: dist/linux-x86-64/libavbin.so.8: version node not found for symbol
> av_dup_packet <at> LIBAVFORMAT_52
> ld: failed to set dynamic section sizes: Bad value

Apart from the fact that nearly all necessary information is missing (how did
you compile FFmpeg, what version did you use, which old FFmpeg versions are
hidden in your library patch?):

This is the FFmpeg user mailing list.
You appear to have a problem with a library called libavbin (that I have never
heard of).
If you cannot reproduce the problem when linking one of the FFmpeg executables,
I suggest you ask where you got "libavbin" from.