[FFmpeg-user] Unable to remove ffmpeg

Nanda nanda at trinaytech.com
Sat Aug 27 13:47:14 CEST 2011

Hi,

 We have installed ffmpeg on centos using make and make install, that was
installed perfect.

Now we want add speex codec in that, so we have tried uninstall the ffmpeg.

We have used the following command

Yum remove ffmpeg x264 faad2 faad2-devel  also we have tried make uninstall

The ffmpeg was not removed, so we have deleted the ffmpeg directory from the
server.
Again we have download and try to install at this time we are getting the
following error.
Makefile:1: config.mak: No such file or directory
libavutil/Makefile:1: libavutil/../config.mak: No such file or directory
libavutil/../subdir.mak:96: warning: overriding commands for target
`libavutil/'
libavutil/../subdir.mak:26: warning: ignoring old commands for target
`libavutil/'
libavutil/../subdir.mak:96: warning: overriding commands for target
`libavutil/'
libavutil/../subdir.mak:96: warning: ignoring old commands for target
`libavutil/'
Makefile:234: /tests/fate.mak: No such file or directory
Makefile:235: /tests/fate2.mak: No such file or directory
Makefile:237: /tests/fate/aac.mak: No such file or directory
Makefile:238: /tests/fate/als.mak: No such file or directory
Makefile:239: /tests/fate/fft.mak: No such file or directory
Makefile:240: /tests/fate/h264.mak: No such file or directory
Makefile:241: /tests/fate/mp3.mak: No such file or directory
Makefile:242: /tests/fate/vorbis.mak: No such file or directory
Makefile:243: /tests/fate/vp8.mak: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/tests/fate/vp8.mak'.  Stop.

So please help us  how can we remove the ffmpeg completely and install
again.
Is there any way to include the speex codec without re-install?
Please help us on this.

Thanks
Nanda