[FFmpeg-user] Bounty: $250 make directshow capture inputs "user configurable"

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 19:45:10 CEST 2011

Hello all.
I've decided to offer a small bounty ($250) for any enterprising
developer interested in the following task:

Background:

ffmpeg can take dshow input, like
$ ffmpeg -f dshow -i video="USB2.0_Camera":audio="Microphone (USB
Audio Device)" output.mkv

However you can't specify "1280x1024 7.5fps"  (instead it chooses some
poor default like 640x480 10 fps).

So this would be a task to make this possible. Example open source
programs that do this apparently already: VLC, iSpy.

Extra credit if you can enumerate available dshow capture devices
(video+audio): $50
Extra credit if you can enumerate the options of a given capture source. $50
Extra credit if you can set options for audio: $50

Related thread: