[FFmpeg-user] read rtmp live stream delay

Gavin Kinsey gkinsey at ad-holdings.co.uk
Fri Aug 26 11:52:13 CEST 2011

On Thursday 25 August 2011 17:04:03 Holger Bause wrote:

> I'm trying to load a live stream from red5 and save it to a file.
> Using the following is resulting a very long delay (5 - 10 minutes)
> before it start to read the stream:
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Try setting a small probesize (-probesize 32768).  I find this helps on
network streams that don't provide duration info, such as live streams.

--
Gavin Kinsey
AD Holdings Plc

Closed IPTV, the new safe and secure deterministic IP Video solution from Dedicated Micros, is now shipping through selected distributors.
- Come and see this award winning plug and play, IP Video innovation at one of our Roadshows around the UK visit: https://www.dedicatedmicros.com/europe/ClosedIPTVRoadshow2011
- Contact our Customer Services Team for more information regarding how to enter the world of safe and secure hybrid IP and analogue video surveillance systems.