[FFmpeg-user] subtitles again please

Rick C. rickcorteza at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 04:34:11 CEST 2011

Hi again,

I have asked in the past about hard-coding subtitles, but if I just want to add a subtitle track as a stream would someone mind giving me a working example?  I'm aware of the documentation which says this:

ffmpeg -i file.mov -an -vn -sbsf mov2textsub -scodec copy -f rawvideo sub.txt

And in FFmpeg -formats it says it supports decoding/encoding of .srt files.  So how would I take a file without a subtitle stream and add a new one?  Something like:

ffmpeg -i mov.avi -i sub.srt output.avi

Sorry to ask again but I'm assuming since it's there in the documentation it works but I really can't figure it out.  Thanks!

rc