[FFmpeg-user] RAW audio to MP3 via ffmpeg

Glau Stuff glau.stuff at ridiculousprods.com
Tue Aug 23 02:49:56 CEST 2011

I've got a .raw audio file I'd like to convert to MP3 using ffmpeg. I know
that I could first convert it using sox with something like:

sox -r 44100 -e unsigned -b 8 -c1 test_file.raw test_file.wav

And then use ffmpeg to convert the WAV to MP3.

But I want to skip a sox pass if I can and go straight to MP3.  Is that
possible? I saw mention of raw formats in the documentation but not a set of
commands specific for audio (unless I missed it)
--
Phil