[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg for DLNA

Serguei Miridonov mirsev at cicese.mx
Thu Aug 11 22:49:12 CEST 2011

On Thursday 11 August 2011, Roger Pack wrote:
> > I'm not sure. I tried just to concatenate files and play them but this
> > does not work well.
>
> Did you try concatenating them with ffmpeg or mencoder? (make a separate
> file). Cheers!

No, here I meant the concatenation by cat command. This did not work even though
files were just MPEG transport streams. They do not contain a header like AVI
files, right?

If I concatenate them using mencoder with -vc copy -ac copy options, it works
quite well. But I believe that mencoder recalculates DTS and PTS to make frames
really sequential, so this was not a simple concatenation of streams.