[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg for DLNA

Serguei Miridonov mirsev at cicese.mx
Thu Aug 11 16:12:43 CEST 2011

On Thursday 11 August 2011, Roger Pack wrote:
> > As I see, this will require to read TS from the files, fix DTS and PTS
> > for all video/audio packets to play them smoothly, and stream them to
> > the player. Do I miss anything?
>
> It might work with "broken" PTS times for the packets, as well.

I'm not sure. I tried just to concatenate files and play them but this does not
work well.

> One thing related (though off topic) might be VLC's "sout-keep" and
> mencoder's "reindex" ffserver might work here, too.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, these words still mean nothing to me.
Any links to the docs or some examples?

I'm going to start to dig into ffmpeg APIs but they are huge. As I see, I need
to check only one or two layers: stream container and packets/frames without
video/audio decoding:

1. open an input file
2. get streams info
3. open output MPEG transport stream
4. loop: (get packet/frame, fix DTS/PTS, send it to the output stream)
5. open next input file, and so on.

I would appreciate if someone familiar with ffmpeg API shows me a right
direction: where to start. Is there anything like "ffmpeg for idiots"? :)