[FFmpeg-user] Can I use FFmpeg.exe command line in my proprietary software

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Aug 7 15:55:53 CEST 2011

Am 07.08.2011 15:49, schrieb Phil Rhodes:
>> as long as you only call a binary application via
>> cli it does not matter under what license the called
>> cli-app is because you do not touch it, no matter if
>> it is GPL, LGPL, Commerical.....
>
> This would be one of the reasons why the GPL and its derivatives make
> absolutely no sense whatsoever

for YOU if YOU want use the code like YOU WANT

it makes sense if the developer DECIDED that every derived code
has to be available too and he decided this be selecting the license

so what do you try to tell us?
that YOU do not like the license
fine, nobody is forcing you to use anything you do not like