[FFmpeg-user] Web camera and microphone capture via dshow

Dmitry Gorbunov atskiisotona at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 17:31:49 CEST 2011

Rhodri James wrote:

> Check the clock speed of your web cam.  I've seen some that clock at
> 30kHz rather than 90KHz, which will mess up your PTS calculations.

Thank you, that would be a good hint if I only knew how and where to
calculate all that pts/dts stuff and where to put it. I don't understand the
whole process of
1. Take video stream from webcam (av_get_frame?) - probably here some pts
stuff
2. Re-encode it (av_decode_video/av_encode_video?) - and here
3. Write to file/stream over the network (av_interleaved_write_frame?)

I'm going to dig in ffmpeg.c a bit more, but it's really hard to guess
what's going on, because there are very few comments.