[FFmpeg-user] Installation Problems

littlebat dashing.meng at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 09:38:30 CEST 2011

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 22:17:16 -0400
Grant Smith <grant.smith at envent-tech.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to install ffmpeg on Ubuntu 10.04 using the tutorial found
> @ http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=9868359&postcount=1289
>
> I get to the portion regarding the actual install of ffmpeg and I get
> the following error:
>
> ERROR: libmp3lame >= 3.98.3 not found
>
> If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the
> latest version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the
> problem to the ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on
> irc.freenode.net. Include the log file "config.log" produced by
> configure as this will help solving the problem.
>
> The link to my config.log file is http://pastebin.com/wsJYFe5e. It's
> set to expire in ~20 hours.
>
> Any advice on this problem would be GREATLY appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Grant Smith
> A+, Network+, MCP x 2, BSIT/VC, MIS
>
> Phone: +1.317.560.4457

I have Compiled ffmpeg under Ubuntu 10.10 with the steps:
1, purge some package:

sudo apt-get purge libavutil-dev libavutil50 libavutil-extra-50 \
libavcodec-dev libavcodec52 libavcodec-extra-52 libavformat-dev \
libavformat52 libavformat-extra-52 libavdevice-dev libavdevice52 \
libavdevice-extra-52 libavfilter-dev libavfilter1 libavfilter-extra-1 \
libswscale-dev libswscale0 libswscale-extra-0 libpostproc-dev \
libpostproc51 libpostproc-extra-51 gnome-desktop-environment ffmpeg

note: purge gnome-desktop-environment will remove totem, gnash,
sound-juicer, etc..
If you don't purge them, maybe found such as "ffmpeg: relocation
error: /opt/ffmpeg20110404/lib/libavfilter.so.1: symbol av_expr_free,
version LIBAVUTIL_50 not defined in file libavutil.so.50 with link time
reference" when you run ffmpeg after compiled.

 2, install some codecs
dev packages and libsdl dev package: sudo apt-get install libx264-dev
libxvidcore-dev libopencore-amrwb-dev \ libopencore-amrnb-dev
libfaad-dev libfaac-dev libmp3lame-dev \ libtwolame-dev
liba52-0.7.4-dev libcddb2-dev libcdaudio-dev \ libcdio-cdda-dev
libvorbis-dev libopenjpeg-dev libsdl1.2-dev

"git clone git://git.videolan.org/x264.git" and compiled libx264 from
source

3, configure and install

./configure --enable-nonfree --enable-gpl --enable-version3 \
--enable-shared --enable-postproc --enable-libmp3lame \
--enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libvorbis --enable-libopencore-amrnb \
--enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264  \
--enable-libfaac  --enable-pthreads