[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg multi threading

shacky shacky83 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 16:52:27 CEST 2011

Hi.
I'm using ffmpeg on my Windows machine to convert some videos from TS to FLV.
I have a quadcore processor and I'm making some benchmark to have the
conversion process as fast as possible.

I'm using the binary win32 static version of ffmpeg from
http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/autobuilds/.

The command I use to convert from TS to FLV is the following:

C:\Record\tv>c:\utils\ffmpeg-r26400\bin\ffmpeg.exe -i myfile.ts -y -f
flv -s 320x240 -b 464k -ac 2 -ar 22050 -ab 48k myfile.flv

But if I try to add the -threads 2 or -threads 4 parameter I get this error:

Error while opening encoder for output stream #0.0 - maybe incorrect
parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height

so I'm thinking that ffmpeg is not using all available cores of my CPU...

Could you help me please?

Thank you very much!
Bye.