[FFmpeg-user] How to demux avi file

Ankuj Gupta ankuj2004 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 10:06:11 CEST 2011

I was able to de-mux some avi files using the following command

ffmpeg -i test042.avi -vcodec copy -an test042.263

But for some streams it is returning

Unable to find a suitable output format for 'test042.263'

I guess the avi file is not in correct format or is there issue with
the command that I am using

Ankuj