[FFmpeg-user] New options -preset and -tune for x264 encoding

Klaus Kudielka klaus.kudielka at gmx.net
Sun Apr 24 16:53:15 CEST 2011

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 11:05:05PM +0930, Rodney Baker wrote:

> So if ffmpeg is passing the -level parameter to x264, but x264 is not
> enforcing it, then that would seem like an x264 bug/feature, not an ffmpeg
> one. You might like to raise this on the x264-devel list (or log a bug
> report/feature request for x264) or, even better, submit a patch. :-)

That would certainly be one possibility to solve my current problem.

Coming back to my original question, one could also argue that
"ffmpeg -preset" currently works more like a reset (overriding
user options), than a *p*reset.

Well, I'll probably hardcode all options, without any preset.
Seems to be the safest approach right now.

Regards, Klaus