[FFmpeg-user] Apple live HTTP streaming: video slows down if processed with ffmpeg

pps i-love-spam at yandex.ru
Sat Apr 23 00:22:02 CEST 2011

On 22-Apr-11 15:55, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> Hi,
> You need to use -absf aac_adtstoasc when going from ts to mp4/flv.

Actually, I used clips with mp3 and didn't have to do anything. The
video source is 24fps, but after it goes to mp4 and back to ts segments
video frame timestamps are different a little bit: in original movie all
video frame timestamps increase monotonically (by 3715 if I'm correct),
but after conversion to mp4 they increase by 3730 3700 3730 3700, so
that overall timing is the same, but difference between frames is not
constant. In that case live http stream breaks after a couple of minutes
of playback: video becomes very slow while audio plays normal.