[FFmpeg-user] video stream out of sync

Anthony Brown av at bsbc.nb.ca
Tue Apr 19 15:50:02 CEST 2011

On 11-04-19 10:29 AM, Adrian Dusa wrote:

> Oh, that might be one solution, only from the man of ffmpeg I am
> unable to figure out what values of the async stretch or squeeze.

The documentation is a bit sketchy on that (and many other points), but
them as complain can feel free to rewrite it :).  AFAIK, -async X will
resample the audio track to speed up or slow down by as much as X
samples per second as required to match the video timestamps.  You
probably don't need to make big adjustments, you're talking 1 second in
5 minutes, less than 1%.  If you sample audio at 48000 an -async 480
would be more than enough to compensate.

> - how to grab the "desktop" sound instead of the "mic" sound?

Can't help you there.

--

Anthony Brown
Audiovisual coordinator