[FFmpeg-user] How can I build a 32 bit ffmpeg on a 64 bit platform

Zhanwu Xiong zhanwu.xiong at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 14:23:37 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I want to build a 32 bit version of ffmpeg on a 64 bit platform, in order to
enable

*
*
*gcc -m32 main.c otherlib.o -lavformat -lavcodec*

where otherlib.o is an 32 bit compiled object and I don't have source of it.

I have tried to specify *'--arch=x86_32'* when calling *configure*,
which successfully set arch
value to x86_32 in *config.mak*, but the generated library files are still
incompatible.

Can any one tell me which option I should use when *configure*?

best,
/zhanwu