[FFmpeg-user] How to speed up RTSP...

andrea sarkiaponius at alice.it
Sun Apr 10 23:36:47 CEST 2011

On Sun, 2011-04-10 at 12:50 -0400, sean darcy wrote:
> On 04/10/2011 07:34 AM, andrea wrote:
> > ffmpeg -i
> > rtsp://mm6.rai.it/radiofonia/radio3/napoli/uomini_profeti/2010/uomini_profeti2010_09_19.ra  test.ra
> >
> I'm amazed you got rtsp to work at all. Here's what I get from ffmpeg
> -protocols:

I swear it works, tried right now. I got --enable-librtmp, too. I cannot
figure out why it works, but it does. The problem is that it seems there
is no option to accelerate the stream someway. With mplayer, as I think
I said, the -bandwidth option does the trick, if you set it to a quite
high value (say 4000000 or such). But I caould not find something like
that for ffmpeg.

Best regards.