[FFmpeg-trac] #3823(avformat:closed): RTP encoding of MJPEG from Trendnet TV-IP651WI (IP cam) gives undecodable stream

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Jul 9 20:43:53 CEST 2015

#3823: RTP encoding of MJPEG from Trendnet TV-IP651WI (IP cam) gives undecodable
stream
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
             Reporter:  Krieger     |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
Changes (by cehoyos):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid

Comment:

 My command line from comment:7 cannot work because the FFmpeg mjpeg
 encoder's 4:2:2 output is not compatible with rfc 2435, I opened ticket
 #4709.
 The samplevideo.mjpeg sample cannot be sent over rtp because it uses non-
 standard Huffman tables which the rfc also doesn't allow. A patch was just
 merged that prints an error now instead of silently sending an invalid
 stream. My guess is that dump.mkv had the same issue.
 There is still an issue with quantisation tables (that I will try to fix)
 but it isn't easy to trigger because of above issues.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3823#comment:9>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>