[FFmpeg-trac] #3455(swresample:new): aresample=matrix_encoding=dplii doesn't downmix backleft and center correctly

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Mar 18 11:06:22 CET 2014

#3455: aresample=matrix_encoding=dplii doesn't downmix backleft and center
correctly
------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
             Reporter:  Peter       |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+--------------------------------------

Comment (by cehoyos):

 The sample you uploaded is to short to do any test imo, I tested with a
 file that you should be able to find with Google:
 {{{
 $ ffmpeg -i Test\ AC3\ v2.0.avi -af "aresample=matrix_encoding=dplii" -ac
 2 out.wav
 $ ffmpeg -i Test\ AC3\ v2.0.avi -af "aresample=matrix_encoding=dplii" -ac
 2 out.ac3
 $ ffmpeg -i Test\ AC3\ v2.0.avi -af "aresample=matrix_encoding=dplii" -ac
 2 out.eac3
 }}}
 I now set my receiver to "PLII" and played the three files over the
 digital connection (HDMI): The surround sound sounded as expected
 (surround sound although I used stereo files). I finally tested the wav
 file over the analog connection and the stereo signal also played like a
 surround signal.

 Or do I misunderstand the problem?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3455#comment:4>