[FFmpeg-trac] #3574(undetermined:new): resolved bug "ffplay says cannot use next picture in error concealment while streaming from ffserver using feed file"

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri Apr 18 03:27:09 CEST 2014

#3574: resolved bug "ffplay says cannot use next picture in error concealment
while streaming from ffserver using feed file"
             Reporter:  Ashutosh     |                     Type:
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |
 The current scenario:
 I am using ffserver for live streaming.ffserver.conf file is as follows:
 Port 8090
 BindAddress? 0.0.0.0
 MaxHTTPConnections 2000
 MaxClients? 1000
 MaxBandwidth? 1000
 CustomLog? -
 RTSPPort 7654
 RTSPBindAddress 0.0.0.0
 NoDaemon?
 <Feed exile1.ffm>
 #ffmpeg ​http://localhost:8090/exile1.ffm
 File exile%d.ffm
 FileMaxSize? 10M
 #Launch ffmpeg -i E:\ashu\ezio.mp4
 ACL allow 127.0.0.1
 ACL allow localhost
 </Feed>
 # if you want to use mpegts format instead of flv
 # then change "live.flv" to "live.ts"
 # and also change "Format flv" to "Format mpegts"
 <Stream live.h264>
 Format rtp
 NoAudio?
 Feed exile1.ffm
 #File "rtsp://127.0.0.1:8554/live.sdp?tcp"
 VideoCodec? libx264
 VideoFrameRate? 10
 VideoBitRate? 530
 VideoSize? 640x480
 VideoBufferSize? 40000

 AVOptionVideo me_range 16
 AVOptionVideo qcomp 0.6
 AVOptionVideo qmin 10
 VideoGopSize? 12
 PreRoll? 15
 #Strict -1
 #NoLoop?
 #StartSendOnKey?
 # AVOptionVideo flags +global_header
 </Stream>
 <Stream status.html> # Server status URL
 Format status
 # Only allow local people to get the status
 ACL allow localhost
 ACL allow 192.168.0.0 192.168.255.255
 </Stream>
 i transcode a video and push the output to feed file as follows:
 ffmpeg -i input.h264 ​http://localhost:8090/exile1.ffm
 and i play the video using ffplay using the command line as follows:
 ffplay -i rtsp://<IP>:7654/live.h264
 <IP> - IP address.
 I ran first ffserver in one console window,ffmpeg in other console window
 and ffplay in other console window.
 The video plays normally by the way.
 When ffmpeg saves the streams to exile1.ffm it's file size increases.When
 filesize reaches max value i.e 10 M ,ffserver says
 [ffm 0x80048fe0 ] inavlid stream index 143
 and ffplay stops playing and says.
 Cannot use next picture in error concealment
 I have resolved this bug and i need to discuss on this to the interested
 developer.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3574>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>