[FFmpeg-trac] #3083(undetermined:new): Suspicion that valid random access point is not marked as keyframe in AVCHD samples from Panasonic Lumix GH1

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sat Oct 26 02:04:25 CEST 2013

#3083: Suspicion that valid random access point is not marked as keyframe in AVCHD
samples from Panasonic Lumix GH1
             Reporter:  rmk          |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Changes (by cehoyos):

 * keywords:   => h264
 * version:  unspecified => git-master

Comment:

 Uploaded a stream copy of the first 59 frames:
 {{{
 IDR - P - P - P - P - P - P - P - P - P - P - P - P - P - P - P - P - P -
 P - P - P - P - P - P - P - P - I - P - P - P - P - P - P - P - P - P - P
 - P - P - P - P - P - P - P - P - P - P - P - P - P - P - P - I - P - P -
 P - P - P - P
  1    2
 26  27  28
 52  53  54
 }}}
 One IDR frame, 25 P frames, one I frame, 25 P frames, one I frame, six P
 frames.
 Iiuc, FFmpeg sees recovery points at (the first frame), the 28th frame and
 the 54th frame, ie it does not seek to the I frames, but to the P frames
 immediately following the I frames (except with -flags2 showall)

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/3083#comment:1>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>