[FFmpeg-trac] #2287(undetermined:closed): I download ffmpeg installed and tried to play the saved files .. no luck error format not supported

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Feb 20 02:48:19 CET 2013

#2287: I download ffmpeg installed and tried to play the saved files .. no luck
error format not supported
             Reporter:  phoenixcomm  |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by llogan):

 Replying to [ticket:2287 phoenixcomm]:
 > ffmpeg version 0.7.6-4:0.7.6-0ubuntu0.11.10.3,

 I believe this is not ffmpeg from the FFmpeg project. See:
 http://blog.pkh.me/p/13-the-ffmpeg-libav-situation.html
 http://stackoverflow.com/a/9477756/1109017

 In order to make this a valid ticket you need to use ffmpeg from FFmpeg
 using current git head as cehoyos has already mentioned, and additionally
 you need to include the complete ffmpeg command and the complete console
 output in your bug report.

 See the FFmpeg download page for details. If you need assistance compiling
 or using ffmpeg git head then please ask at the ffmpeg-user mailing list
 or the #ffmpeg IRC channel.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2287#comment:3>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>