[FFmpeg-soc] libavfilter FT new FFmpeg maintainership

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Fri Jan 21 16:09:55 CET 2011

On date Friday 2011-01-21 15:12:35 +0100, Thilo Borgmann encoded:
> Am 21.01.11 14:58, schrieb Maksym Veremeyenko:
> > Thilo Borgmann написав(ла):
> > [...]
> >> Although submission standards are also discussed (or changed) these days, it
> >> doesn't mean that the acceptance of more parts of the filter soc repo has
> >> anything to with who has worked on it or who will post it nor who will be
> >> reviewing or committing it.
>
> > most libavfilter commits was by *stefano* is he is not maintainer now...
>
> As I said it doesn't matter what name will have done the work with, or review,
> or commit, or maintain the corresponding parts.

I consider the libavfilter soc repo *deprecated*, I updated the
libavfilter soc to the last SVN revision and I don't think that I'll
update it anymore.

I plan to post an updated patch for the movie source (which is maybe
the most requested feature at the moment) and possibly apply it to the
repository where I still have commit rights, then I don't know which
will be the relationship between the videolan and the git.ffmpeg.org
repo and how they will be synched.

As for the soc filters, most of them have been already discussed for
inclusions, resuming:

* rotate: the last patch I posted has still many problems, and I
  wanted to take a deeper look at it, then my focus switched on other
  things.

* movie: as I said, I hope to be able to commit it soon

* split: the last time I tried there was still some problem with the
  pad/crop/negate interactions, and more framework changes are
  required for the auto-insertion of fifo filters when required, see
  comments from Michael

* drawtext: misses anti-aliasing, currently the quality of overlayed
  non anti-aliased fonts is crappy

* negate: it should be implemented by using a more general lut filter,
  work-in-progress patch published by me on ffmpeg-devel, then again
  my focus and priority switched to something else

* fade, fps: never discussed for integration, though their cleanup
  should be quite easy

New filters should be discussed on ffmpeg-devel, we could eventully
decide to create a new branch/repo for experimental stuff (mildly
against this idea, I'd rather prefer to directly work for integration
in one of the "official" repos).

Maintainership status: Vitor is the nominal maintainer of the
libavfilter soc repo, Michael is the maintainer of libavfilter in the
videolan repo, I did most of the coding work but I rely a lot on
Michael for design issues (and he's imho right now the only one with
the required competence, interest and knowledge for evaluating them).

libavfilter audio is a work in progress, the recently patches posted
on ffmpeg-devel work almost fine, but there is still a bug I need to
fix before to update them again.

Best regards.