[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r5804 - libavfilter/vsrc_movie.c

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier at gmail.com
Wed May 19 19:52:42 CEST 2010

On 5/19/10 5:02 AM, Vitor Sessak wrote:
> On 05/19/2010 05:15 AM, bcoudurier wrote:
>> Author: bcoudurier
>> Date: Wed May 19 05:15:27 2010
>> New Revision: 5804
>>
>> Log:
>> actually copy the picture in vsrc movie, it cannot be taken from
>> decode_video like this
>
> Can you elaborate? I tried very hard to avoid any picture copying
> because Michael consider them a no-go in main SVN...

You cannot request a buffer from the next filter using get_video_buffer
and changing it before sending it to that filter. This is broken for the
pad filter at least.

If you want to avoid any picture copying you have to override
AVCodecContext->get_buffer and reget_buffer by new functions that use
get_video_buffer.

--
Baptiste COUDURIER