[FFmpeg-soc] soc qualification

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Mar 28 23:33:33 CEST 2010

Sumit Sarkar <govsarkar at ...> writes:

> I would like to qualify for the VC-1 Interlaced support..
> I am going to work on the 16-bit VQA Video Decoder as the qualification task.

I believe VC-1 interlaced would be a very welcome contribution. I don't want to
drive you away from Dirac, but note that not many encoders were ever finished in
GSoC indicating encoders are (even) more difficult to write than decoders.

You could also propose to Kostya to start with the actual task as a
qualification, some header parsing would be an idea (note: just an idea, perhaps
Kostya would prefer if you don't start with the actual task).

Carl Eugen