[FFmpeg-soc] soc qualification

Sumit Sarkar govsarkar at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 18:24:26 CET 2010

>> > iii) AACS implementation
>>
>> Talk to the respective mentors (Kostya & Reimar) on IRC or via email.
>
> I am unfortunately almost never on IRC currently.
> The problem with the AACS task is that it was originally meant to cover
> HD-DVD and BluRay, however I feel we might have trouble getting HD-DVD
> samples.
> For BluRay the infrastructure to pass the key to the proper layer (stream
> layer IMO here) is not even there.
> So if you want to do this task I would suggest coming up with a design
> of how the decryption would fit into FFmpeg and a minimal "demo"
> implementation as far as you can get as a qualification task.
> If others have comments that would be welcome, because I haven't thought
> about this proposed task since over a year and am no longer 100% sure
> about it anymore.
>
> Reimar

Thanks for the response, I am a newbie and would feel scared on a
project where the expert
is not sure of the project. I have started looking at the code only.

I would like to do a video project (not an audio project) and
preferably not a Microsoft standard one.
Please advise which project would be a good fit and also the
corresponding qualification task.

Thanks
GS