[FFmpeg-soc] Segmentation Fault when using -vfilters "movie ...; overlay"

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Fri Mar 26 02:25:53 CET 2010

On date Thursday 2010-03-25 20:15:27 -0400, Brandon Mintern encoded:
> I am trying to overlay a transparent PNG (using alpha blending) of size 800x600
> on an 11-second wmv file of size 800x600. In doing so, I get a Segmentation
> Fault immediately after the "Press [q] to stop encoding" message comes up.
>
> I already filed a bug at https://roundup.ffmpeg.org/issue1841 but
> cehoyos (the only responder thus far) said, "Imo, problems with a
> patch from the soc repository should be reported to the ffmpeg-soc
> mailing list."
>
> I'll provide here all of the information that I have provided so far
> in my bug report.
>
> The command I executed:
>
> ffmpeg -y -i intro-base.wmv -vfilters "movie=0:png:title-overlay.png [title];
> [in][title] overlay=0:0:1 [out]" -vcodec wmv2 intro-title.wmv
>
> I have tried it both with and without the "[out]", with no change. When I omit
> all -vfilters stuff, the command works fine, so I'm quite sure the segfault is
> happening as a result of the libavfilter operations.
>
> My libavfilter info:
>
> $ svn info libavfilter
> Repository Root: svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/soc
> Repository UUID: 66570020-b32e-0410-962d-e44e8f9afd43
> Revision: 5717
> Node Kind: directory
> Schedule: normal
> Last Changed Author: stefano
> Last Changed Rev: 5717
> Last Changed Date: 2010-03-24 19:25:00 -0400 (Wed, 24 Mar 2010)
>
> To build ffmpeg with libavfilter, I followed this process:
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1438052 (skip down to "Updating to
> latest..." for a quick look at how I'm doing it). I wrote that guide yesterday;
> it's quite possible I'm making a mistake in the build process.
[...]
> If there's anything else I can provide to help this along, I'd be happy to do
> so. I can upload the 2 sample files somewhere if that will be of assistance.

Can you reproduce the same crash also with ffplay -vfilters "..." (I
cannot). Did you tried with other files or the crash only happens with
that particular file?

In the last case yes, uploading the files somewhere may be of help.

Regards.