[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r5388 - in sbr-wip: . TODO aacsbr.c aacsbr.h aacsbrdata.h checkout.sh ffmpeg.diff

Robert Swain robert.swain at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 16:12:15 CEST 2009

2009/9/27 Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de>:
> On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 04:59:27PM +0200, superdump wrote:
>> +--- libavcodec/aac.c (revision 20025)
>> ++++ libavcodec/aac.c (working copy)
>> +@@ -101,7 +103,11 @@
>> + static VLC vlc_scalefactors;
>> + static VLC vlc_spectral[11];
>> +
>> ++extern av_cold void ff_aac_sbr_init();
>> ++extern int ff_decode_sbr_extension(AACContext *ac, SpectralBandReplication *sbr,
>> ++                                GetBitContext *gb, int crc, int cnt, int id_aac);
>
> These local declarations should be in a header file.

I was going to put them in a header, but because of the dependency on
definition of the AACContext and SpectralBandReplication structures,
if I were to put them in aacsbr.h as I intended, it would introduce a
circular dependency between aac.h and aacsbr.h.

I could create another header file just for these, or stick them in
aacsbrdata.h but that would be out of place for them. Suggestions
welcome.

> Also, we usually skip the 'extern' keyword for these.

Why?

Regards,
Rob