[FFmpeg-soc] libavfilter - filter for .ass subtitle rendering using libass

Bobby Bingham uhmmmm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 18:50:41 CET 2009

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 18:03:49 +0100
Vitor Sessak <vitor1001 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmmm, we do not accept to load user-provided codecs, I doubt if such
> system would be approved into SVN...

Is that for any particular reason beyond just "nobody implemented it"?
The API supports it too, if you come up with a standard interface for
asking a shared object to register whatever filters it contains.

It wouldn't surprise me if people write filters which, while useful,
aren't of high enough quality for ffmpeg svn.  It would be nice if
people could still use these by building just the filters on their own,
without having to patch the hell out of ffmpeg itself to add them.

--
Bobby Bingham
Never trust atoms.  Or anything made of atoms.