[FFmpeg-soc] Overlaying an animation over a video

Andy Reece andy at moonshinemedia.co.uk
Tue Feb 17 18:12:17 CET 2009

I'm trying to get 1 movie to sit over another
I have libavfilter installed but if i run the method described in
vsrc_movie.c

ffmpeg -i in.avi -s 240x320 -vfilters "[in]setpts=PTS-STARTPTS,
[T1
]overlay=16:16[out];movie=3200000:avi:in.avi,scale=180:144,setpts=PTS-
STARTPTS[T1]" -y out.avi

I get:
no such filter: 'movie'
Error opening filters!

Also I am presuming that this will not allow transparency say in the
form of a transparent flv
It says that overlay does not really support alpha channels
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2008-April/014859.html

I can add transparency using imlib2 to attach a png but i need to get
a 15 frame animation to sit over the top
Can I apply a sequence of pngs to create an animation, ie put 01.png
at frame 1, 02.png at frame 2 and so forth and loop this?

If there's any documentation that anyone could point me to that'd be
great

Regards
Andy