[FFmpeg-soc] expand filter (alternative to pad syntax)

vmrsss vmrsss at gmail.com
Sun May 11 04:53:42 CEST 2008

Hello.

	I too think the code submitted by Ryo overwrites pixels, and does
some amount of extra work, but the latter may be because I just don't
seem to understand the way draw_slice is meant to work. Indeed, I have
written myself a version of the pad filter (also derived from mplayer,
though I called it vf_pad.c), but kept it there for weeks waiting for
the time to understand draw_slice better. So, I hope it is OK to
attach it here to get some feedback from Vitor and the others?

	I'd be interested to know whether my draw_slice is correct: in
particular what exactly the parameters y and h refer to and therefore
what assumptions can I make on them?, and is the final call to
avfilter_draw_slice(...) in my draw_slice correct?

Thanks,
vmrsss