[FFmpeg-soc] Specific Project Goals

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat May 3 18:24:00 CEST 2008

On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 09:35:35PM +0530, Sisir Koppaka wrote:
> A small note about the soc-repos, I'm not sure which thread to say this or
> if this is too early, but I think I should inform early - Even Git cloning
> under http doesn't work through the proxy net of my college. I don't have
> any problems now using git since I'm at home but during the last month or
> so, I will probably be back in college in my next semester, so it might
> cause some problems then. SVN checkouts worked fine over http last time I
> checked and I hope that it will not be compulsory to use Git.

What kind of things do they allow? Can you use at least ssh? If yes I am
sure a few of us can offer you to tunnel. In the worst case there is
also tunnelling via DNS which I would assume at least one of us would be
able to offer if it becomes necessary.
And if your college offers computer-science courses you might try pointing
out that blocking things like svn, ssh or git blocks some heavily
education-related stuff, not to mention that filtering only works
against the lazy people anyway...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger