[FFmpeg-soc] Specific Project Goals

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Fri May 2 22:52:50 CEST 2008

Hello students,

The FFmpeg mentoring council earlier convened to discuss specific
project goals. As described in a previous email, we want to set specific
minimum goals for students to code for, and enforce the requirement that
these minimum goals make it into production SVN before September 1:

* ALAC encoder: bitstream compatible encoder
* MLP encoder: bitstream compatible FIR based encoder and cleaned up decoder
* Nellymoser encoder: bitstream compatible encoder and trivial psycho
acoustics
* MXF muxer: muxer produces files that can be decoded with MXF demuxers,
both from FFmpeg and other projects
* LGPL reimplementation of swscale: removal of imgconvert and sws_scale
as default when compiling
* AAC-LC encoder: bitstream compatible encoder and trivial psychoacoustics
* Theora encoder: I and P frame support, simple motion estimation

* WMA Pro decoder: err, I don't have any meeting notes on this one
* Generic Multi-threaded support: same as the previous item

Mentors will have to help me on those last 2. I just needed to get these
orientation announcements out there sooner rather than later.

Anyway, nervous yet? :)

--
	-Mike Melanson