[FFmpeg-soc] BFI

Sisir Koppaka sisir.koppaka at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 10:02:52 CEST 2008

> > 3) Do I have to set the palette in the decoder for every frame? Or will
> > doing it the first time suffice?
>
> If you set FF_BUFFER_HINTS_PRESERVE | FF_BUFFER_HINTS_REUSABLE and
> always use the same AVFrame: no.
> But you should only do this if there is a reason for it besides the
> palette, e.g. because previous frames are reused or whatever.

Video has started playing :) though I can't make out anything and there are
lots of black, empty lines - I think it's not remembering the previous
frame(The decompressing algo's 'Skip Chain' situation requires us to leave
'length' bytes unchanged from previous frame.)

I've set the two FF_BUFFER_HINTS mentioned above,  but how do we use the
same AVFrame? Currently I'm using an AVFrame declared within BFIContext, my
context structure.