[FFmpeg-soc] [rfc] using git for the new students

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Wed Mar 26 09:12:02 CET 2008

Beside the concerns from mike and possibly others (I'll guide you
through the git documentation pointing the nice one and/or giving you
answers), I'd like to use git to manage our students this year.

Pros:
- sane branch : mentors won't have to track by diff and new files like
the last year, you can get your branch from the main git repo and pull
changes from the student repo.
- good merge support : getting the whole history back (even cleaned up
if necessary) will be way simpler thanks git-svn.

Cons:
- mentors have to learn git.

lu

--