[FFmpeg-soc] BFI

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Tue Mar 25 18:33:28 CET 2008

Sisir Koppaka wrote:
> Is it safe for me to assume that the BFI format's bytes in the palette are
> big endian? I've been using little endian for all the other bytes.

You will note a little variation in the way different files deal with
the palette.

I'll be honest-- I lost the thread on FFmpeg's internal palette handling
some time ago. That's an area that sorely needs to be revisited. There
are demuxer/decoder systems that do things in a preferred (though still
sub-optimal manner) and others that have yet to be revised. I am trying
to steer you to some good examples, and I think smacker.c probably has a
model you should follow.

--
	-Mike Melanson