[FFmpeg-soc] Confusion on choosing a qualification task

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Sun Mar 23 20:15:53 CET 2008

[You top-posted. Bad n00b. This is a warning.]

sathvik L wrote:
> Hello Mike ,
> I was going through the documentations on how to add a codec .
>
> I have following tasks in mind , could you give me your suggestions
> # 1  Apple RPZA encoder  --> I don't understand why wasn't it checked in .
> can I know  what will be my job ?

Hopefully, someone will be able to dig up the old list correspondence.
If not, you can take the existing patch, make it work with the current
SVN, send a next patch to the list, and we will then let you know what's
wrong with it.

> #2 QuickTime Edit List Support
> I don't get the idea of edit list support .

No one does. I implemented this for xine but I blocked it out of my
mind. Download the QuickTime spec and find out what the elst and edts
atoms look like. Modify the mov demuxer to parse them instead of
skipping them.

> #3 PAF Playback System
>
> Task 3 seems to be more clearer to me that I will be adding a demuxer and
> video decoder .
> Could you give me your inputs . I don't want to end up choosing something I
> cannot finish in time.

Problem with task #3: I'm still finishing the description. I hope to
have it done today.

--
	-Mike Melanson