[FFmpeg-soc] SOC Qualifiction tasks

Bartlomiej Wolowiec bartek.wolowiec at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 17:39:01 CET 2008

On sobota, 15 marca 2008, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> What about getting the EAC3 code into SVN? It likely wont be as easy as the
> other qualification tasks but if you succeed that could have a strong
> effect on your chances of being accepted again (especially if we have many
> more qualified students than slots)
>
> Anyway the current list of qualification tasks:
>
> Sascha              RL2
> Marcondes           VIVO demuxer
> andi                MLP patch cleanup
> thilani             MLP patch cleanup? (said so after andi)
> Ramiro              mimic
> Alexander Strange   SSE2 IDCT
> Deep Pal            optimal mjpeg huffman table

Since December 2007 my mentor from GSOC 2007, Justin Ruggles, has been working
on improving code. Just like in the summer, there still are no samples which
may allow to continue the work on the decoder. I wouldn't like to spoil his
conception of developing the decoder by changing something in the code, but
if he wishes, I can work on getting the EAC3 code into SVN. Moreover, as an
additional work,  I would like to work on YOP Playback System, as it's still
free.
--
Bartlomiej Wolowiec