[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r1932 - libavfilter/vf_scale.c

Vitor Sessak vitor1001 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 15:00:34 CET 2008

Hi

Bobby Bingham wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 00:18:59 +0100 (CET)
> koorogi <subversion at mplayerhq.hu> wrote:
>
>> Author: koorogi
>> Date: Thu Feb 28 00:18:58 2008
>> New Revision: 1932
>>
>> Log:
>> Slice support for vf_scale.
>>

>> Modified:
>>    libavfilter/vf_scale.c

[...]

> After some more testing, it seems this doesn't work right with
> --enable-swscaler. I'll take a closer look at it later tonight.

I was wondering one thing: imagine doing a 200x200 -> 400x400 linear
interpolation resizing.

The filter gets as input a (for ex.) 4x100 slice. It can then
interpolate the line numbers (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) of the output. For the next
slice, it would be able to output the lines (9,10,11,12,13,14,15). But
to evaluate the output line 8, it'll need both the input line 4 and 5.
So to do slice-based resizing, it would be necessary a complicated,
resize algorithm dependent, caching. Also it would require some kind of
memcpy.

So my opinion is that implementing slices in resizing is hard and maybe
not worth the effort. In the other hand, colospace conversion should be
pretty simple. Or am I missing something?

-Vitor