[FFmpeg-soc] work in progress git commits vs. patches to be reviewed

Alexander Strange astrange at ithinksw.com
Tue Jun 17 01:56:23 CEST 2008

On Jun 11, 2008, at 1:48 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> With people using git and posting patches here iam a little bit
> confused about what is just "work in progress" that is the
> equivalent to
> soc-svn commits and what are supposed to be patches to be reviewed.
>
> Clearly saying "work in progress" or "for inclusion in main ffmpeg,
> please
> review" or "help iam stuck, please review and help me"
>
> would be helpfull to me to know what i should do with each of these
> patch sets

I'm using it exclusively for work in progress - it won't be ready for
a while, since the generic parts won't be finished without encoding
support, and I haven't started that yet.
I'll change the message prefix to [soc] to match svn's commit messages
for now. Although I still don't like the way it puts commit messages
in the subject.