[FFmpeg-soc] swscale ideas

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Thu Jul 10 06:40:26 CEST 2008

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> Here are some ideas about swscale work
>
> * the dither code depends on non constant globals, it should use the dither
>   variables in the context

MMX dither code mangles global vars, shouldn't.

MMX code has variables in the context not ifdeffed, shouldn't.

I'd rather have the mmx code shuffled away completely (c.f. nodame
branch) before addressing those gory details. Having the swscale C
implementation clean is a better starting point than trying to address
the x86 hacks first.

lu - maybe because I'm not using such arch...

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member