[FFmpeg-soc] rfc: swscale-example weird output

Keiji Costantini salvorhardin at tiscalinet.it
Tue Jul 1 12:57:50 CEST 2008

I apologize for my late answer, my connection here is a diplomatic
problem. I should resolve it tomorrow.

I pushed today a status of local commits to gitorious.

Michael Niedermayer ha scritto:
> 2 ideas
> 1. float rounding issues (try if using gcc -O0 for both, maybe that
>    makes the differences dissapear)
part of ../config.mak
OPTFLAGS= -O0 -ffloat-store -g
ARCH_X86=yes
ARCH_X86_64=no
HAVE_MMX=no
HAVE_MMX2=no
HAVE_SSSE3=no

no change.

I have outputs of swscale-example before and after patch
http://eternal.dynalias.org:8000/ - about 2MB each
Upload speed is slow - italian adsl.

> 2. uninitialized variables (valgrind should find them, also try disabling
>    all mmx/sse/... if the other ideas havnt located the issue yet)
Valgrind output
http://pastebin.com/m1dc576d0
Segfaulted

I note that it seems to use an MMX2 version even when I disabled it in
config.mak...

Final Note: I have discovered about now that my mail server died
yesterday for burned hard disks. Nothing survived (sigh). I am moving
mailing lists to "other" mail accounts, and reorganizing things.