[FFmpeg-soc] AAC LTP and SSR

Andreas Öman andreas at olebyn.nu
Mon Jan 28 19:00:51 CET 2008

Hi (Michael in particular)

I just wanna have some discussion around the future of the LTP and SSR
tools in the AAC decoder.

Neither of these seem to be of much use today and nobody is willing to
finish nor maintain them for lavc.

I see some options of how to proceed.

1) Keep them in lavc, without knowing if they work or not.

2) Keep them in lavc, but #if 0-ed

3) Remove them when merging into lavc

4) Remove them from the soc-repo (but of course, history
will be around, should anyone want to revive them)

I think both 2) and, in particular 1) will make the review
harder for Michael == it takes longer time to finish this.

I would prefer 4) just to make it easier to work with it in
the soc-repo as well but I'm fine with 3) and maybe 2) too.

Opinions?