[FFmpeg-soc] [rfc] dither and rgb565 / rgb 555

Keiji Costantini lists at strites.net
Sun Aug 24 19:26:21 CEST 2008

the generator seems working for rgb32 & rgb24, because the functions
that calls those table calls them in the way expected.

Regarding rgb16 (aka rgb565), the function calculate the table position
depending dither variables, and that causes segfaults.

Should I then reposition the table elements where that function expects
them (es. using the same dithering values to nullify them) or there is
another method?

In my generator I didn't use inv_tables or coefficients because I didn't
see how them fit in the conversion. Expecially the coefficients found in
the context.

Is there anything I missed?
--
Keiji Costantini