[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r3417 - nellyenc/nellymoserenc.c

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Aug 18 02:06:35 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 12:51:20AM +0100, Robert Swain wrote:
> 2008/8/18 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:

> >> Yes, but Kostya's code is much more limited, so that they have very little in
> >> common.
> >
> > :)
> >
> > Please put it in a file seperate from nellymoser*
> > It should be usefull to other encoders as well ...
>
> I suppose having multiple available lowpass filters wouldn't be a bad
> thing, would it?

no but considering kostyas is limited to 4th order and uses fixed coeffs
that really are only correct for specific cutoff freq, i suspect kostyas
will be removed eventually. but until that having 2 in svn is fine

maybe kostyas optimized unrolled 4th order filter function could be
used though in bartlomiejs code (if its faster ...)

[..]

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
-- Aristotle